Swiss-Onion Bread Ring
I clipped this recipe from an August/Sept 2000 issue of Taste of Home Magazine. Originally posted by J. Messina, this delicious bread is so easy, and is a favorite of DS.
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons poppy seeds, divided
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated bread dough
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp poppy seeds on the bottom of a greased 10 inch fluted tube pan.
- Cut the bread dough into 1 inch pieces, you should have about twenty pieces.
- Place half of bread pieces evenly into the prepared tube pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese and onions, and top with 1 tsp poppy seeds. Drizzle with half of the melted butter.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately invert onto a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION