- Ready In:
- 1 (1 ounce) package chopped mixed dried fruit
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ, toasted
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (suggest toasted)
- 1⁄4 cup shelled dry roasted sunflower seeds
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 months.
- Prep for 1 serving: Bring 1 cup water to boil in small saucepan and add 1/2 cup mix.
- Cook stirring frequently for 1 minute.
- Cover and let stand 2 minutes.
- Note: Personally, I use the microwave.
- 1/3 cup mix to 2/3 cup water.
- Put the water and mix in a bowl.
- Nuke on high until oatmeal bubbles to (and just about across) the top of the bowl (@1 1/2 minutes).
- Let sit for a minute.
- Add milk, sugar, or whatever else seems interesting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've been making this with a few personal changes for many years. I always add a shake of ground cinnamon in the bottom of the large cup I use. I put it in first because it seems to blend in better than putting it on top. Also, raisins are part of the deal because my other half likes them. Thanks for the starter recipe, Satisfied Kris.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I cook for fun (mostly because I don't have to cook every day) and am always on the lookout for interesting recipes. I also do some canning. Hobbies include jewelry making, drawing, and reading. I detest housework - but it gets done - eventually. I also detest car maintenance - that gets done immediately.