Swiss Chicken and Ham Casserole
Kinda like a cheater chicken cordon blue...in a casserole..with rice....haha
- Ready In:
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups diced ham
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated swiss cheese
- In a bowl, combine chicken, soup, onion, ham, sour cream and milk.
- Place rice in a 9x13 pan. Spread evenly.
- Spread meat mixture over rice.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated Swiss and place back in oven until cheese melts.
- Let rest 5 minutes and then serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a delicious way to use holiday leftovers -- I substituted leftover turkey for the chicken. I also added garlic to the soup/meat mixture, along with a 1/2 cup of cream. We love cheese, so I stirred 1 cup of shredded Swiss into the soup/meat mixture and put another cup on top after it baked. I will definitely make this again -- and might just add crumbled bacon!Reply