Swiss Cheese Pizzas
photo by steve in FL
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf rye cocktail bread
- 8 ounces grated swiss cheese (I grate my own and domestic works fine)
- 1 (6 ounce) package hormel pepperoni slices, chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely minced
- mayonnaise, enough to bind (I have never measured this - I add mayo to the mixture until it holds together, it's hard to mess th)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Mix all ingredients (except for bread) together.
- Spread cheese/pepperoni mixture onto the rye breads and place them on baking sheet (s).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and bubbling (the bottom of the breads should become brown and crispy).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We did this tonight 3/30/06 and loved it. I used regular wheat bread and added a slice of tomato on each piece of bread and then put the topping on and a final dash of oregano. It turned out great! Will make again. Thanks for adding the receipe to this site and adding to our lives :) Blessings, Tina
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi all - I have been member of Recipezaar for a while now. I work as an executive assistant. I love to read - read everything, but scifi/fantasy is a particular favorite. Am actually a pretty easily amused and satisfied soul....am pretty much happy all the time.