Swiss Cheese Lasagna
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1hr 55mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces sliced swiss cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) carton small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink,drain.
- Stir in the water, tomato paste, salt, rosemary and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook lasagna noodles according to directions.
- In a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish, layer a third of the meat sauce, noodles and swiss cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with cottage cheese and the remaining swiss cheese, noodles and sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note