Swiss Cheese and Spinach Quiche
One of our favorite quiches. From a local hospital cookbook my mom gave me. We omit the salt as the cheese adds enough salt for us. *Note: Make sure the pie crust is a deep dish! We have made this using a regular one before with messy results!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, chopped, cooked, and very well drained
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 slices cooked bacon (optional, we use turkey bacon)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 unbaked deep dish pastry shells, 9 inches
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss grated cheese with flour.
- Add spinach, milk, eggs, bacon, and seasonings; mix well.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until set.