Swiss Chard With Chickpeas and Couscous
photo by lizlewis20
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (dark or golden)
- 2 bunches swiss chard, stems trimmed
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Place the couscous in a bowl. Add 1 ½ cups boiling water and stir. Cover tightly and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, over low heat, toast the pine nuts, shaking the pan frequently, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Return the skillet to medium heat, add the oil, and heat for 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chickpeas, raisins, chard, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chard is tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and divide among individual plates. Top with the chard and sprinkle with the pine nuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!