Swiss Buttermilk Fondue
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash pepper
- Combine cheese and cornstarch in a bag. Shake to make sure cheese is coated with cornstarch.
- In saucepan carefully heat buttermilk until warm. Do not cover or boil.
- Remember to stir constantly from now one. Add a handful of cheese, keeping the heat medium (do not boil), when melted add another handful. After all the cheese is melted and bubbling add a dash of nutmeg and pepper. Transfer to fondue pot and keep warm over fondue burner.
- Note: If fondue becomes too thick add a bit of warmed buttermilk. If it separates combine 1 T cornstarch and 2 T buttermilk and stir into fondue.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Married mother of twins. I very seldom ever use recipes as they are written, always modifying and adjusting them. Many times I will take three or four different recipes and come up with a new recipe based on those. <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg">