photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 green jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1⁄2 large green bell peppers or 1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 3⁄4 cup beer
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (27 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (27 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can of petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups water
- black pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- In skillet, brown and drain ground beef.
- In large pot, combine the beer, water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and the beans.
- Add the peppers, garlic, and onion. Heat thoroughly.
- Add the beef and all of the spices.
- Cook for about an hour to allow the flavors to combine.
- Garnish with the cheese and sour cream if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great tasting chili, even if I did make a few changes (mostly cutting back on several ingredients) ~ I used just 1 1/2 jalapeno peppers (seeded), 2 teaspoons each of the chipotle powder & cumin, just 1 tablespoon of the chili powder, & left out the salt. Seems like a lot of changes, but I know it would have been way to hot for me & mine, as wold have been the sodium level, although I did use low-sodium beans & tomatoes! Thanks for a wonderful chili treat! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Loved this chili! I don't care for onion so left it out and used a bit more green pepper. I was a little short on the chipotle chili powder so made up the difference with some ancho chili powder; that along with the cayenne and 3 big jalapenos and this had plenty of heat! Cooked it uncovered for about 1 1/2 hours and ended up with a rich, thick, flavorful chili - thanks for posting the recipe!