MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These are rich little treasures, great with coffee!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb sweet butter, at room temperature
- 1 2⁄3 cups brown sugar
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shelled walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Crust: Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease a 9x12 inch baking pan.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Pat mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Topping: Mix sugar and eggs.
- Add flour; stir well.
- Fold in walnuts and coconut.
- Pour topping onto crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes longer, until topping is set.
- Cool in pan and cut into squares.
- Makes 30 squares.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Due to Karen's suggestion of cutting down the butter some, I did and I also used black walnuts since it didn't state what kind and I literally have gallons of black walnuts in my freezer. They were perfect. Again, did for the cookathon and they were wonderful and once again, Dad liked them too, but he likes anything with black walnuts or hazelnuts since he grows his own and cracks them out all winter long.Reply
As the description says, these are incredibly rich! I think the amount of butter might be too much, and I would try them again, but adjust the butter content (or add more flour?). When these were done, there was actually melted butter bubbling up around the edges, that is the first thing that made me think it might be too much (the second thing was the texture/taste). I kept checking the recipe to make sure I did not make a mistake, but I followed it to a "T"! The topping of walnuts and coconut is delicious and the crust is good, just a little too buttery for our tastes...but they definitely have possibilities :)Reply