photo by mersaydees
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 4 quarts spinach leaves, packed
- 1⁄4 cup radish, sliced
HONEY of a DRESSING (use 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Honey of a Dressing directions:Combine vinegar and honey; mix well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Marinate chicken in 1/4 cup dressing at least 2 hours or overnight, refrigerated. Drain and reserve marinade.
- Heat oil in non stick pan and stir fry chicken until juices run clear.
- Add pepper, onion, mushrooms and reserved marinade; stir fry 1 minute.
- Add spinach leaves and toss in pan until barely wilted.
- Add radishes and toss to mix.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was outstanding in every way! Quick, delicious and left you looking forward to having it again. It's also a good recipe to take your own twist. Used the 2 oz of the dressing for marinating the chicken. While prepping the veggies, I drizzled some of the dressing over them. I sauteed the chicken strips in the oil and when cooked, added 1/2 bag of the spinach and didn't let it cook down at all. A quick stir and into the bowl it went. I proceeded to cook the balance of the spinach in small increments like that, drizzling the dressing in the hot pan before adding the spinach. This will be one of our favorite salads for the summer. Thnx so much for posting, Mommy Diva. Made for ZWT5
This salad is a delicious meal in itself, and for us would make a nice quick Friday night supper, perhaps doing the marinade in the morning before leaving for work. Even my picky DH liked it. Made it pretty much as described, except for perhaps adding more chicken. Made for January Bev Tag 2008. Thanks, Mommy Diva!