Sweet Strawberry Pudding Tart
photo by anavta_955
- Ready In:
4 Individual Tarts
- 3 ounces vanilla pudding mix, not instant
- 2 cups milk (only dairy milk will work here)
- 1 pie crusts or 4 tart shells
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup apple jelly or 1/3 cup currant jelly
- 1 -2 tablespoon powdered sugar, as desired for topping
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Prepare pudding with milk according to package directions, set aside to chill.
- If using pie crust, roll out one crust and place in a 9-inch tart of pie pan, trimming to fit pan. For individual tarts, use 4 small tart tins. Prick all over with a fork to vent. Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden, cool.
- Fill tart(s) with a thin layer of pudding. Wash and hull strawberries, dry completely. Place full side down in pudding until tart(s) are completely full. Melt jelly in a small saucepan or in the microwave; brush liberally over strawberries to give them a lovely glaze. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!