Sweet & Spicy Thai Stir-Fry
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The veggies will spice up your mouth, the noodles will chill it out, and I guarantee you'll enjoy it.
- Ready In:
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 2 small jalapeno peppers
- snow peas
- spanish red onions or shallot
- 1 package lo mein noodles (thin yellow spaghetti like chinese noodles)
- 1 jar Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sweet plum sauce
- soy sauce
- Slice the green peppers into 1/2" wide long strips.
- Dice all other peppers down to about 1/2" square.
- Slice ends from snow peas, otherwise leave them whole.
- Dice red onion or shallots smaller than the coloured peppers.
- Run the lo-mein noodles under cold water in a collander for about 5 minutes to loosen.
- In one stir-fry pan or wok add all peppers and snow peas (feel free to add any of your other favourite veggies to this wok as well).
- Add a bit of oil, about a tablespoon of soya sauce, and about 1/2 to 3/4 of the jar of Thai Sauce.
- Stirfry at medium heat until the sauce has thickened slightly and the vegetables are well cooked.
- In a second stir fry pan or wok add bean sprouts and lo-mein (can be substituted with a nice tri-color rotini pasta).
- Add a bit of oil, soya sauce, and just enough plum sauce to glaze the noodles and sprouts.
- Stir fry for about 5 to 7 minutes on medium heat, until noodles are hot and sprouts have wilted.
- Serve veggies, wok's contents over the noodle.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION