Sweet Soy Pork Hocks
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 2 pork hocks (about 2 lbs each)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup rice wine
- 50 g fresh gingerroot, cut into coins
- 3 garlic cloves, bruised
- 2 star anise
- 1 red chili, slit but left whole
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a sturdy roasting tin and cover with double layer of foil.
- Roast for 2 1/2 hours, turning the pork hocks over halfway, then remove the foil and cook for another 1 1/2 hours, basting with the juices and turning pork every 30 minutes.
- To serve, break the pork into large pieces (discarding the skin and most of the fat) and pour the braising liquid over the meat.
- Serve with brown rice and coriander.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!