Sweet Potato Salad
photo by Judy from Hawaii
- Ready In:
- 1 lb okinawan purple sweet potato
- 1 lb regular sweet potato
- 1 maui onions or 1 other sweet onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 6 tablespoons salad oil
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 slices onions
- Boil sweet potatoes until cooked, but still firm.
- Chill, peel, and dice.
- Mix with onion and peppers.
- Mix all ingredients for dressing together and chill for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Remove garlic, onion, and bay leaf from dressing.
- Shake dressing and pour over salad at least one hour before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!