Sweet Potato Salad
photo by Mamas Kitchen Hope
- Ready In:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 medium limes, juice of
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place peeled and cut sweet potatoes and chopped onions on a baking sheet that has been brushed with olive oil. Drizzle remaining olive oil over all.
- Bake in preheated oven, 400 degrees, for 30 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Place jalapenos, garlic and lime juice in a blender or food processor and process until blended.
- Place finished sweet potatoes and onions in a large bowl. Add drained and rinsed black beans and chopped bell pepper. Pour the jalapeno mixture over the top and toss well.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top if desired. Serve hot or cold!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Proud Zaar original member! Very disappointed with the new site.