Sweet Potato-Plantain Bake
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 lbs peeled sweet potatoes
- 2 cups sliced very ripe plantains (about 1 pound)
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup whole pitted dates, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place potato in a saucepan, and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 7 minutes. Add plantain; simmer 7 minutes or until very tender, and drain. Return potato and plantain to pan. Add sugar, milk, sour cream, and allspice; beat 2 minutes at high speed of a mixer until smooth. Spoon into a 1 1/2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with dates and almonds. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook, but hate to measure ... so I pretty much guess at everything :) </p> 114807933"