Sweet Potato Pie W/ Whiskey
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A little twist on a southern dessert.
- Ready In:
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes.
- Cover with salted water in large pot and simmer until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, mash until smooth them and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, half and half, Jack Daniel's, vanilla and salt and combine well.
- Add the potatoes and mix well.
- Pour into pie shells and bake 45 minutes or until knife inserted into middle comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION