Sweet Potato Pie (The Best One)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 cups peeled cooked sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups gingersnap cookies (or graham crackers)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- For the pie crust, crush the ginger snap cookies and the walnuts together in a food processor, blender or by hand. Then combine with 1/3 cup melted butter and press into a pie pan. Bake for about 5 minutes.
- For the filling, using an electric hand mixer, combine the potatoes, both sugars, 1/2 stick melted butter, eggs, vanilla, salt, and spices. Mix thoroughly. Add the milk and continue to mix. Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- You may use a pie ring to prevent over browning of your crust.
- If you have a Trader Joe's market nearby, they have the best Triple Ginger Snaps to use for the crust.
- Use real sweet potatoes and bake them - even if you bake them in the microwave oven. Don't use the canned stuff.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a stay at home mom to two lovely children and the wife of a handsome vegan man. I love to play around in the kitchen - creating recipes and cooking and baking. I like to bake cookies and love improving on cookie recipes to make them more healthy - but still really tasty. </p>