Sweet Potato Fries
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
1 large baking sheet
- Slice sweet potatoes into fry-sized strips (~ 1/2 inch square strips going down the full length of the potato).
- Toss them in olive oil and lay them out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground sea salt and paprika to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 min, flipping them all over after 25 minute.
- OR broil on low (~ 400 degrees) for ~ 20-25 minute You shouldn't need to flip them, just watch that they don't get too brown.
- These taste best when they have just a touch of brown on them, but don't overdo them. They should not be crispy, just cooked and somewhat limp.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious!! My family loved these quick, easy, and very healthy fries. I baked them, as written, and then stuck them under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp and brown. These were gone in a hurry!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!! *Made for Fall PAC 2008*
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay-at-home mother of two little boys, Tyler (2), and Malachi (7 mos). I am taking full-time courses online to earn my bachelor's degree. I have an amazing husband, named Travis, who I am crazy about! I like to cook in my (limited!) free time - I find it so satisfying to provide for my family in this way.