Sweet Potato Casserole Roses
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 sheet puff pastry (store-bought)
- 1⁄4 cup marshmallow cream
- 20 mini marshmallows
- confectioners' sugar (sifted for topping)
- Slice sweet potatoes thinly (best to use a Mandoline).
- In a bowl, combine unsalted butter, sugar, cinnamon, salt; mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the sliced sweet potatoes; make sure they are all well-coated.
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes in the microwave for approx 20-30 seconds until soft so it rolls easily (add more time in the microwave if needed).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut dough in half vertically then horizontally creating 1 inch by 5 inch strips.
- Arrange 15-20 sliced sweet potatoes into an straight row overlapping the edges.
- Starting from the first slice you laid down, roll the lined up sweet potatoes forming a rose-looking shape.
- Brush a strip of the pastry with egg wash then wrap it around the base of the sweet potato rose flower.
- Brush butter in a casserole pan.
- Lay two slices of sweet potato on the bottom, creating a base for each rose.
- Add a dollop of marshmallow fluff on top of each sweet potato base.
- Place each rose on the base, the marshmallow fluff acting as an adhesive.
- Bake at 400F for 35-40 minutes or more until the potatoes are baked well.
- After it cools, place mini marshmallows around the roses and top with confectioners' sugar.
Questions & Replies
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!