Sweet Potato Casserole (Bermuda)
photo by GiddyUpGo
- Ready In:
- 3 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream (if needed)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- First mix the mashed sweet potatoes with the sugar, coconut, raisins, eggs and vanilla. If it seems too thick, add the cream.
- Spoon the mixture into a well-greased casserole dish.
- Combine the brown sugar with the pecans, flour and butter. Spread over the top of the sweet potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes (it's ready when the topping is golden brown).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of two with another one on the way! I am married to an Englishman and we own a small business in our local area. We live in a very small town called Rough and Ready (yes there really is a place called Rough and Ready!) I am a part-time writer and full time mom. My kids were born 15 months apart and keep me so busy I barely have enough time to cook and no time at all for my other passion, horseback riding. I once had four horses but am down to two; my Arab mare Argo and old Denver. Both of them spend the vast majority of their time standing around in my back yard eating hay. I get to feed them and look at them, but until my kids are all in school (and I stop having more kids) that's about it. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">