Sweet Potato Balls Rolled in Coconut and Cornflakes
Sweet taters with a new look. I took a Paula Dean recipe and combined it with Aunt Ruby's tater balls... this is what I came up with.
- Ready In:
- 4 -5 large sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut (sweetened)
- 1 cup corn flakes (crushed)
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 -10 large marshmallows (one per ball)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- bake potatoes until tender, peel and mash, stir in brown sugar, orange juice,nutmeg & zest.
- Toss coconut, sugar, cinnamon and cornflakes in a separate bowl.
- Form a 3-4"ball of potato mixture , roll in coconut/cornflake mix and press marshmallow on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made these balls for a potluck recently & although I followed the ingredient list faithfully, I did roll the mixture into 12 smaller balls, & that worked very well, since most people, at potlucks, often take smaller portions of more entrees! And, these balls got raves no end, & even if they hadn't, in my book you've got a definite winner of a recipe here! Thanks for posting it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]Reply