Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 cups brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1cm cubes
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat yogurt
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the leek.
- Cook until the leek is soft, stir in the cumin seeds and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils, sweet potato and stock.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 20 mins or until the lentils are soft.
- Ladle into the bowl and top with a spoonful of yogurt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Keilor Downs, Victoria in Australia. I am a receptionist in Melbourne. My favorite cook books are anything Weight Watchers or Simply 2 good 2 be true also any muffin or scone cook books. I love cooking easy stuff but I love a challange ocasionaly on the weekends when i have a bit more time. My pet peeve is how much capsicum/bell peppers are in recipes now as i am elergic to them.