Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas
photo by WKernan
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to preference)
- 2⁄3 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1⁄2 lime (juiced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup raw cashews
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast with 1 t water
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place your spuds in a suitably sized oven dish. Add in your Smoked Paprika, Cumin, Ground Coriander, Cayenne Pepper, Salt & Pepper and give them a mix to completely coat them. Pop in the oven for a good 30-40mins or until softened with a caramelized outing.
- When the dish has cooled down a little, grab a potato masher and roughly smash your Sweet Potatoes. Place to one side.
- Take a Tortilla and Place on a griddle pan. Spread on half of your Sweet Potato mash, top with half your Black Beans, nutritional yeast cheese, a squeeze of Lime Juice and Seasoning if needed. Place a second Tortilla on top, press down to contain the filling.
- Medium heat and cook for around 6-8 mins on each side, or until griddle marks appear with a golden surrounding. If you tap on the Quesadillas it should sound slightly hollow and crunchy.
- Serve with any additional toppings and sides (suggestions in ingredients). Enjoy! Guac, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, jalapeños.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Sales Manger Like to cook healthy foods with fresh ingredients.