Sweet Onion Bake
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- Melt 4 T. butter in a skillet.
- Add the onions and saute' for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place half of the onions in a 8X8 Baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese and 1/4 cup cracker crumbs.
- Top with remaining onions and cheese.
- Whisk eggs and next three ingredients and pour over onion mixture.
- Melt remaining 2 T. butter and add the remaining 1/2 cup cracker crumbs.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until crumbs are lightly browned.
- Sprinkle crumbs evenly over the onion mixture and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Our neighbors invited us over for hamburgers and I decided at the last minute to take this dish. WOW am I glad I did. Everyone loved this great onion bake. I had all the ingredients on hand and it was a snap to make. We all loved the swiss cheese and onion combination. You did it again, Leslie in Texas.