Sweet 'n Sour Squash Salad
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 20mins
- In a large salad bowl, combine the yellow squash, zucchini, celery, onion, and red pepper.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well.
- Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat well.
- Chill overnight to allow for best flavor.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I just had a very similar salad yesterday at book group. The only differences are that you use the whole packet of ranch dressing mix, and the sugar is only 1/2 cup, also, in her method she slightly warms the vinegar to dissolve the sugar in it. When cooled, combines with rest of dressing ingred. to pour over salad. This salad is like a big taste of summer on your fork and is a great way to use the bounty of summer squash and zucchini. Love it, Love it!! Thanks for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm one of the original members of RecipeZaar and an active member in the old forums. I loved meeting so many wonderful people from across the globe in what were truly amazing forums and during events on the site which encouraged interaction. I miss those forums and am saddened that this is now just another recipe collection site. I will always come back here as I have so many recipes saved of my own and tried many gems. I hope you are able to find something you like.</p>