Sweet N' Sassy Summer Apple Coleslaw
This is a great summer salad recipe that features great textures and tastes in every bite. It's loosely based on an old recipe of my dad's called vermont apple slaw.
- Ready In:
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (or bagged slaw mix)
- 1 Red Delicious apple, chopped & cored
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I use canola mayo)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Combine cabbage, chopped apple, raisins, and walnuts.
- Whisk together the mayo, sugar, and vinegar.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve well-chilled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Sweet and sassy spot on - I took the easy way out and used a slaw mix (red and green cabbage and carrot) and then added the other ingredients with the exception of the walnuts I used pencans but the final result was a lovely fresh and fullof flavour fresh slaw. Thank you <br/>Rumdrinker25, made for I Recommend tagg game and recommended by lazyme.