Sweet Lemon-Jicama Slaw (Ww)
This crunchy, refreshing, citrusy slaw features jicama, a Mexican root vegetable with a texture similar to a water chestnut. I love using jicama in slaw and salad recipes -- it adds additional fiber to the mix, and it picks up whatever flavors you're using, whether sweet or spicy. You can find jicamas in your grocery produce section, with the other 'exotic' vegetables or go to a specialty Hispanic market. From "WW 5-Ingredient-15 Minute Recipes" and = 1 point.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups matchstick-cut peeled jicama (about 2 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; toss well.
- Serve as an accompanying side dish for summer meals.