sweet glazed pork roast
photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 3 -4 lbs whole boneless pork tenderloin
- 1 cup favorite preserves or 1 cup marmalade (I used 1/2C Peach, and 1/2C apricot)
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix marmalade/preserves with apple juice.
- Spray a (n) 9x13 pan with Pam, and coat the bottom of the pan with some of the glaze.
- Place the tenderloin in the pan, and pour the rest of the glaze over the tenderloin.
- Cover the pan loosely with foil, and cut several small slits in the foil to allow the steam to escape.
- Bake for 30 minutes per pound (90 min total for a 3 pound roast), basting every 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil after the last basting, and cook uncovered for the last 30 minutes.
- For well done pork, the thermometer should read 170 degrees.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My family really enjoyed this recipe. I had some leftover apricot/pineapple marmalade from another recipe and pineapple juice, leftover from mixing drinks the other night. After I stirred both together they were a little on the tart side, so I sprinkled in some smoked paprika and a dash of chili powder to balance that out. Your technique for cooking the tenderloin produced a moist, tender piece of meat. It was perfectly cooked in 60 minutes, so I never got a chance to cook it with the foil off, but that didn't matter to us at all. Thanks for sharing your delicious creation, Kellie! :) Made and enjoyed for the BB tag game.