Sweet Garlic Dills
- Ready In:
16 500 ml Jars
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, salt and turmeric in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Cut a thin slice from the ends of each cucumber.
- Cut cucumbers lengthwise into quarters.
- Place 1 clove garlic, 1 tsp dill seeds (or one head of fresh) and a pinch of celery seed into each jar.
- Pack in cucumbers.
- Pour boiling vinegar mixture over cucumbers to within 1⁄2 inch of rim (head space).
- Process 10 minutes for 500 ml jars and 15 minutes for 1 litre jars as directed in the canning section.
- Allow to age for at least a year in a dark place.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!