Sweet but Savory Butternut Squash
photo by Karen Elizabeth
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- salt and pepper
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the apple juice, squash, raisins and sage; season with salt and pepper.
- Cover skillet and cook until the squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the squash mixture to a bowl.
- Cook the remaining liquid until syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Serve squash with pan juices poured over top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We enjoyed this very much, and it so easy to prepare, I had a smallish butternut, so used the whole thing, and I did omit the raisins because none of us really care for them. Used my own sage, fresh from the garden! Another tasty way to enjoy a popular vegetable! Thanks JB! Made for vegetarian Swap, April 09
Thank you so much for A WONDERFUL TASTING SQUASH DISH! I served this with some finger-lickin' recipe #255477 & a simple salad for a great dinner! My other half isn't all that enthused when it comes to squash, but this one was very satisfying for both of us! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my Vegan partners in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 4]