Sweet and Spicy Duck
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 40mins
- 5 lbs duck
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- combine salt, pepper, ginger and 5 spice. dust inside cavity of duck, rub remainder on outside of duck.
- tie legs together, twist wing tips under back. Prick skin all over with fork.
- Place duck breast side up in roasting pan. roast in oven at 375 degrees F for 2 hours spoon of fat drippings occasionally, set aside if making a gravy.
- combine soy sauce and honey, baste duck with mixture.
- roast another 20 to 30 minutes (basting frequently) or until leg moves easily in socket and juices run clear.
- when finished roasting let rest 15 minutes or so before carving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!