Sweet and Sour Topped Baked Potatoes
This is my first try at submitting a recipe, so please be kind! I'm not sure where I got the original recipe, but I know that I've made some adjustments over time. It's also good using shrimp or pork and I'm sure it would be wonderful even if made with no meat at all.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups pineapple juice, divided
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups chicken, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, sliced and cooked
- Bake potatoes at 400 degrees for one hour or until done.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 3/4 C pineapple juice and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and Tabasco.
- Combine remaining 1/4 C pineapple juice and cornstarch, stirring well and adding to vegetables.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and carrots, and simmer until thoroughly heated.
- Split tops of potatoes; fluff insides with a fork and top with sweet and sour mixture.