Sweet and Sour Sauce - Philippine Style
Simple and easy to make. It’s a recipe used by my Filipino wife’s family for many years. You don’t have to go out and buy anything special for this sauce, you’ll have the ingredients on hand. We use it mostly for a lumpia dip but it’s also a great dip for chicken nuggets, pork, meatballs, etc.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- Mix cornstarch and water, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, mix soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, ketchup crushed red pepper, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Add cornstarch mixture and simmer until it thickens and clears, stirring constantly.