Sweet and Sour Pork
photo by Pearl Ishizaki
- Ready In:
- 200 g thinly sliced pork
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 japanese green pepper (green piiman)
- 1 japanese red pepper (red piiman)
- 1 piece shiitake mushroom
- 30 g bamboo shoots
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Season the pork with a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper then mix well.
- Cut the onion in half then slice it thinly.
- Remove the head part and seeds of the Japanese peppers then slice it into cubes.
- For the shiitake, separate the head from the stem then slice each part thinly.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the sweet and sour sauce which are: 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup, 2 tablespoons of water, a tablespoon of vinegar, a tablespoon of soy sauce, half a tablespoon of sugar, a teaspoon of sesame oil and half a teaspoon of chicken stock powder. Mix the ingredients well until well combined.
- In a bowl, combine the pork, vegetables and the sweet and sour sauce then mix well. I’ve also added about 30 grams of sliced bamboo shoots.
- Cover or use a microwave-safe cling wrap to cover the bowl. Cook in the microwave for 6 minutes using 600W.
- Remove the bowl after 6 minutes then mix well. Dissolve half a tablespoon of cornstarch with a tablespoon of water then pour over the pork. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Put back the cover or cling wrap then further cook in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds using 600W.
- Remove from the microwave then mix. Transfer to a serving plate then you cans serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!