Sweet and Sour Beef Cubes With Baby Carrots
another recipe I came up with. Salt and pepper is optional. This has a fantastic taste.
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 20mins
- 1 (2 lb) boneless chuck roast
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package peeled baby carrots
- Cut beef into 1 -inch cubes and dredge in flour, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown beef in a little oil, and place in slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients plus 1 cup of water.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Add carrots and cook an additional 1 1/2 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Despite me being a bit loose with the recipe we loved it. I substituted some onion powder because I did not have onions. Also I was not sure what type of chili sauce was meant, but as I live in Asia, I used chili and minced garlic sauce (about 4-5 tspn) so that added garlic. Also I did not have time to throw it in a slow cooker, so I cooked for 1.5 hours after browning and adding sauce. Guess what, it turned out fantastic. Will be making again.1Reply
Love this recipe. My husband always looks forward to eating this delicious meal. I have made this numerous times and can't get enough of it. Instead of cooking it on the stove, I prepare this recipe in a crock-pot. I find that leaving the meat cook all day gives its rich ultra flavor to this recipe. I would definitely recommend this to everyone.Reply
I walked in the door this evening and my husband was chewing on something. What are you eating, I asked? He told me the smell was driving him nuts all day and he couldn't resist tasting what was cooking. The carrots weren't done but that may have been from him taking the lid off and standing over the crock pot, drooling! I have the remaining in the freezer and when that's gone, I'll be making this again.Reply
see 11 more