Sweet and Savory Chicken Rice Bowl
Sweet & Savory glazed chicken that pairs perfectly with Jasmine rice for a quick, easy weeknight meal.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup Kraft hickory smoked barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce
- cooked jasmine rice
- In a nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray, cook chicken until brown on medium-high heat.
- Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, reduce heat to medium and add garlic, barbecue sauce, light brown sugar, and soy sauce. Stir until chicken is coated with sauce mixture. Cook for an additional 5 minutes on medium heat until sauce begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat and serve over top cooked Jasmine rice in a bowl.
- (optional) Garnish with parsley flakes.
- This dish was created by Walmart Mom, Heather Batts.
- Tips: For quick cooking time, pair with 10-Minute Success Boil-in-Bag Jasmine Rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a good starter recipe. I made as directed and thought it was missing something, maybe some diced onion and celery for crunch. With the barbecue sauce, this dish did not need the additional brown sugar, which made this a little too sweet for us. On the plus side, this is a quick and easy recipe to throw together when pressed for time.Reply