Sweet Almond Milk Couscous
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From the NY Times. Here for safe keeping and to try later.
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups almond milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup couscous (regular or whole wheat)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (grated or minced, or orange zest)
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon rose water (optional)
- 1 cup sliced almonds (or chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup pistachios, shelled (optional)
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- Bring almond milk, sugar and salt to boil in a pot; add couscous, zest, and cardamom; cover and cook for 1 minute, then turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and sprinkle on the rosewater if using. Add nuts and apricots, and gently combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION