- Ready In:
- In a large saucepan add 1 tablespoon Lipton orange pekoe loose tea to 2 cups of water.
- Bring mixture to a low boil,.
- Add 1 cup of sugar and the juice of 1 lemon.
- Slice lemon pieces and add to mixture.
- Stir to help sugar dissolve, then turn the heat to low.
- Cover saucepan with a lid and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Do not boil.
- Strain tea mixture well and add enough water to make 1/2 gallon of tea.
- I usually triple this recipe. I divide the concentrate and refrigerate or freeze two 1/3 portions for later use. I just add water as directed above.
Join The Conversation
Very good. Tried it both hot and cold. Found out that one glass of the tea would consist of 1/4 cup concentrate and 3/4 cup water. Good to have the concentrate in the fridge and then add either hot or cold water depending on what one prefers at the moment. Thanks for posting. Made for Comfort Cafe, January 2010.