Swedish Pancakes - (Pannkakor)
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- Whisk eggs together before adding rest of ingredients.
- Place 1 teaspoons margarine into large frying pan or a flat griddle.
- Set stove on medium high heat.
- Add just about a 1/2 cup of the batter to the frying pan.
- Making sure the whole bottom of your frying pan is covered with the batter.
- Turn batter over when top looks done.
- The pancakes should be very thin, looking like crepes.
- Take out of pan and set aside to partially cool on waxed paper until you are done with the rest of your batter.
- Take each pancake and spread 1 tablespoon of lingenberry preserves or any type of jelly, jams, or preserves you have on hand inside pancake and roll closed.
- Place rolled pancakes onto plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy.
- ANOTHER VERSION OF THESE WONDERFUL PANCAKES IS:.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cooked ground beef, shrimp or crab meat filling into each cooked pancake.
- Roll up pancakes and place tightly together in a 8" square baking pan.
- Top with a blend of your favorite shredded cheese to put on top.
- You can bake them at 400 degrees F. for about 5-10 minutes. Just until cheese is melted.
- Serve and ejoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love to try different recipes that I've never done before. Nothing to spicy or exotic and if I have all the ingredients I will try to make it. I love this website and all the different chefs on here. I also like to tweak my own recipes that I've posted after I read other chefs tweaks of my recipes. It helps me to be a lot more courageous in trying new recipes on myself. Thank you to all the chefs on Food.com