photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 4 extra large eggs, yolks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, beat yolks until thick. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt and sugar. Add the sugar mixture and milk into the egg yolks gradually. Stir in the Sour Cream.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Heat skillet or griddle to a high temperature. Place a small amount of oil on the skillet and pour about 1 T of batter onto the skillet, and spread the batter out evenly. Brown the pancake on one side. Flip pancake over when bubbles appear on surface. Brown on the other side. Repeat process with remaining batter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were really delicious pancakes. I had some difficulty with the batter consistency, mostly I wasn't sure how thick or thin the batter should be. And following the recipe exactly as written produced a semi-thick batter. And pouring 1 Tbsp of batter into the pan resulted in tiny pancakes about the size of a quarter (and it would have taken much more time than I had to make enough pancakes for my family). So I started using 1/2 cup batter for each pancake, and that produced lovely pancakes about 3 1/2 to 4 inches across, which worked out much better for us. I served them with homemade raspberry jam, and it was delicious.
Another winner from Lavender Lynn. These swedish pancakes were excellent. I love the addition of the sour cream. Nice, light, tender, fluffy, thin pancakes that were very flavorful. I garnished with whipped cream and fresh raspberries from the garden. This was so good, I could eat it every day. Thank you so much for sharing this treasure with us. :)