Swedish Honey Curry Dipping Sauce
- Ready In:
- If you have ever made a mayonnaise, this will sound very familiar.
- In a large bowl, add the 1 egg yolk, and teaspoon of curry powder.
- Whisk together
- When it looks evenly mixed, slowly add in the oil drop by drop.
- If this is your first time making a mayo, Use Vege Oil until you are comfortable with that. Then switch over to Olive Oil when you are more experienced as Olive oil is expensive.
- When you've gotten a bit of oil in there, slowly add in a nice thin thin stream the rest of the oil whisking it all together.
- At this stage it is possible that the oil will split. Do not get discouraged. Simply stop, and start again, but instead of getting another pint of oil, use the split mix and whisk it in slowly to Yolk #2.
- When it looks like a nice evenly mixed yellow mixture, you can then add the honey. I usually put in about 2 table spoons or so. But feel free to add more or less according to taste.
- Also add nice sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- With all of that nicely mixed together, you're done! Homemade Mayonnaise or anything that uses fresh ingredients can spoil. I'm still enjoying my first batch, but i'd give it a couple of days before discarding.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!