Swedish Ham, Potato, Dill and Cheese Bake
Leftover ham at the holidays? I share your pain, so I dug this recipe out of a Swedish cookbook. It's wonderful comfort food. You can use from 3 to 6 ham slices.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 slices ham
- dry dill weed
- 3 large potatoes or 8 small potatoes, cooked, peeled, sliced potatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup light cream
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 dash nutmeg
- 2 -3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- In a 2-quart baking dish (or a rectangular if using 6 ham slices), arrange a single layer of ham (you may have to cut up the slices to fit them). Sprinkle with dill weed. Top with a layer of potatoes, then another layer of ham, sprinkling each with dill weed.
- Combine milk, half-and-half, eggs, cheese, pepper, nutmeg and Worcestershire sauce and mix well. Pour over the ham and potatoes.
- Bake at 375°F for 1 hour 15 minutes or until firm. Cool at least 30 minutes, or long enough that the mixture holds together when sliced. Cut into slices and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION