Swedish Grilled Kebabs
photo by Julesong
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 12mins
- Skin the chicken and cut off all visible fat.
- Cut each breast into 6-8 pieces.
- Season w salt& pepper.
- Mix ingredients for marinade, add chicken and marinate several hours or over night.
- Arrange chicken on skewers, alternating with veggies of your choice.
- Cherry tomatoes, quartered red onions, thick slices of lemon, large pieces of green pepper, mushrooms or summer squash may be used.
- Broil on charcoal fire 4 minutes on each side.
- Garnish w bay leaves.
- Marinade can be boiled down and spooned over chicken when done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe came out better than I expected! As the "Swedish vodka" I used Linie Aquavit, which worked quite well. Coming out of the marinade, the meat had an unusual odor (aquavit has a unique aroma all its own), but once it cooked with the vegetables on the kebabs, it was quite nice. The flavor of it was similar to a lemony picatta, but lighter. The leftover marinade I simmered down into a reduction sauce which was *very* tasty (don't skip the sauce - it's worth the extra step). We both loved this unusual recipe! :) I made it as part of the Adoptee Support Group swap - you got yourself a good one, Susie! :)