Swedish Cream of Mushroom Soup (Champinjonpure)
photo by Brenda.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb fresh whole mushroom
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- chopped fresh parsley, if desired (to garnish)
- Wipe mushrooms clean with damp paper towel, or rinse under cold water. (Drain).
- Put butter into saucepan, and add onion and mushrooms, cover, and simmer 5 minutes over med-low heat. You just want to simmer them, not brown them, so stir once or twice and lower heat if necessary.
- Remove mushrooms and place into blender or food processor.
- Add flour, seasonings and 1/2 cup consomme.
- Puree. You will need to scrape down a couple of times.
- Pour puree back into pan.
- Add remaining liquids and simmer over low heat stirring til smooth.
- Serve with warm crusty bread for dipping.
- Can garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Hi Wildflour, what a fantastic meal! It was this wonderful soup and salad! I used 1 lb of button mushrooms and the rest of the recipe, I followed to a T! I was very doubtful of the beef consomme but it turned out wonderfully! This week was a trial run because I want to serve it for Chanukah, & that is what I am planning to do! Thank you for a lovely meal, can't wait to try it again, Diane :)
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! Former caterer and restaurant owner taking life slower now and just enjoying photographing my food creations and blogging them! Pop on over to my blog to see over 800 of my recipes at Wildflour's Cottage Kitchen @ wildflourskitchen.com !