Swedish Coconut Cookies
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- In large bowl, combine, flour, sugar, butter, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla.
- Beat on low, scraping bowl often, until well blended, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in coconut.
- Divide cookie dough into halves, shape into a roll 12 x 2.
- Wrap in wax paper, refrigerate until firm- around 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cut rolls into 1/4" to 1/2" slices.
- Place 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-14 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then remove from pan.
Join The Conversation
I made these the day before yesterday. It was my very first time making roll and slice type cookies. After cutting the first cookie sheet full, I realized that it works best when letting the dough sit out a bit. It doesn't crumble upon cutting them. I sliced them very thinly and they were awesome. My husband dunked them in milk to his heart's content.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a very lucky lady. I recently moved to a very small town in New Brunswick, Canada with my wonderful husband who is my best friend. Very fortunate to have a cherished son, wonderful daughter in law and adorable granddaughter and cute wee grandson. We are very blessed. A big thank you to everyone that has made my recipes... hope you enjoyed them.