Swedish Baked Potatoes (Hasselbackspotatis)
This is a great way to do potatoes. Excellent presentation. Goes well with any dish, meat or poultry
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed (mixed with the butter)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 ounces parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices 3/4 way through, leaving a small uncut portion of the potato (fan like).
- Put half of the butter and garlic in an oven proof dish and place the potatoes in the dish.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Drizzle with remaining butter and garlic.
- Bake in 375°F oven (takes about and hour depending on the size of the potato).
- Baste occasionally with the butter in the dish.
- After 30 minutes sprinkle with the cheese and bread crumbs- do not baste after putting on the cheese and crumbs.
- Finish baking until potatoes are done and golden.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation