Swedish Almond Toasts
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a biscotti type of cookie - very crispy and very good with a wonderful cup of coffee; Takes a bit of work but it is well worth it.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, blanched and finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350F and lightly butter and flour a large baking sheet.
- Stir the eggs, instant coffee, and vanilla in a small bowl until well blended, set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg mixture.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the almonds.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape the dough into 2 logs, each 8 inches long, 2 inches wide and 1 inch thick.
- Place the 2 logs 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until lightly browned.
- Set the baking sheet on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the logs from the baking sheet and place on a cutting board.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each log diagonally into 3/4 inch thick slices.
- Place the slices upright and 1/2 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly dry.
- Remove the toasts from the baking sheet.
- Cool completely on the wire rack.
- Store in a tightly covered container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION