Suzette Sauce ( for Crepes Suzette)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A rich sauce for your crepes, perfect for flaming. Use this with my 'janine's crepe' recipe.
- Ready In:
- 100 g butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 150 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- heat butter in and sugar in a deep frying pan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar begins to dissolve. turn up the heat and bubble fast until the mixture just starts to go brown and caramelise ( 4 minutes).
- Pour in juice and zests then bubble for 3-4 minutes to thicken slightly. Add the liqour, flame for a few seconds.
- Put one crepe into the sauce and coat well then fold in 4 like a handkerchief.Push to one side of the pan and continue with the rest. Serve 2-3 crepes per person.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION